Dentures are custom-made replacements for missing teeth and can be taken out and put back into your mouth. While dentures take some getting used to, and will never feel exactly the same as natural teeth, today’s dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever.
Care for your Dentures
Over time, your denture will need to be relined, remade or rebased as a result of normal wear. Rebasing requires making a new base, while keeping the existing denture teeth. As you age, your mouth naturally changes shape. These changes cause your dentures to loosen, making chewing difficult and irritating your gums. At a minimum, you should see your dentist annually for a checkup.
Tips to help you care your Dentures
- When handling dentures, stand over a folded towel or basin of water. Dentures are delicate and may break if dropped.
- Don’t let dentures dry out. Place them in a denture cleanser soaking solution or in plain water when you’re not wearing them. Never use hot water, which can cause dentures to warp.
- Brushing dentures daily will remove food and dental plaque, and help prevent them from becoming stained. An ultrasonic cleaner may be used to care for dentures, but it does not replace a thorough daily brushing.
- Brush your gums, tongue and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before you insert dentures. This stimulates circulation in your tissues and helps remove plaque.
- See your dentist if dentures break, chip, crack, or become loose. Don’t be tempted to adjust them yourself — this can damage them beyond repair.
We understand you and your needs
Our service is provided by accomplished dentists with an interest in cosmetics, and experienced dental assistants, using the very best equipment, and with the confidence of being in a large, multidisciplinary hospital.
Basic & Restorative Dentistry at Ignite Medispa
Cosmetic Dentistry at Ignite Medispa
Whether for preventative dentistry or advanced cosmetic dentistry, no expense has been spared in order to ensure that our patients are managed in the best possible way.
Your Caring And Kind Ignite Medispa Cosmetic Dentist And Dental Assistant:
- Melanie Allen-Clare, Senior Dental Assistant.
- Kamalin Chetty, Senior Cosmetic Dentist.
You are in good hands
Our wonderful doctors are industry recognised professionals with a true passion for turning our patient's goals into success stories.
State of the art facilities
We have coupled excellence in service with state of the art facilities and the latest technology.
The help you need is one click away
Click on the button below to get in touch and speak to one of our friendly staff and find out how we can make a positive impact on your lifestyle.GET IN TOUCH