Understanding your needs
In reconstructive plastic surgery, breast implants can be placed to restore a natural-looking breast following a mastectomy or to correct congenital defects and deformities of the chest wall.
Ignite Medispa has a highly qualified team of Doctors and Practitioners that are experts in their respective fields. Be confident knowing that our doctors are experts in breast implant procedures.
With years of experience, our doctors understand that your needs always come first. This is why we work with you to achieve your desired outcome but also help you understand everything involved with your procedure.
Understanding Breast Implant Surgery
The procedure involves implants being inserted beneath the breasts to enlarge them. The implant type and size depends on factors such as how much bigger you want your breasts to be, your breast anatomy, your body type and skin thickness and elasticity.
Dr Niro Sivathasan, Australia’s Leading Breast Implant Surgeon
3 Things you must know about Breast Implants
Is Breast Implant Surgery painful?
Things to consider about the pain after surgery:
- No matter the type of surgery, there is always a recovery period.
- Pain is subjective, and may not be accurately predicted between patients.
- The psychological state of a patient may affect the perception and tolerance of pain.
- Different drugs may be taken to minimise the discomfort or pain, especially associated with major surgery.
What are some of the considerations related to Breast Implant Surgery?
It is always best to speak to one of our breast implant experts to discuss the best path towards success. Some of the considerations that will be made when discussing your procedure include:
- Breast volume (total volume and the size relative to the body)
- Skin elasticity
- Overall position and shape relative to the body’s curves
- The appearance of the torso – liposuction around the tummy and other areas may improve the relative appearance of breasts
- Lifestyle factors
- Your patience – after surgery, you should abstain from strenuous exercise and gym activity.
Do breast implants have to be changed every few years?
No; as long as there are no problems with your implants, they do not have to be replaced on a periodic basis. Ignite Medispa strictly uses implants that have a lifetime warranty.
Nevertheless, implants are man-made devices that may fail or rupture. Whilst most implants are technically not lifetime devices, they will not need to be changed if there aren’t any problems.
Implants are best assessed using MRI imaging. However, please keep in mind that like all forms of imaging technology, there is a small margin of error.
Also, it is important to remember people’s bodies change as they age. As a result, the appearance of implants will change relative to the rest of the body.